Recipe by Kitty Leung, Tea Master @TeaCellarCo
This is a luxurious refreshing cocktail made with premium gin, our vintage dark tea and organic ginger beer.
Perfect for a relaxing afternoon or early evening, with the right balance of woody smokiness and a lingering floral sweetness.
Easy to make (with a little prep work beforehand) and easy to drink, it will become your new favourite summer cocktail!
A tea cocktail with gin
Our vintage dark tea is a great ingredient to use in a cocktail due to its complex flavours developed through twice fermentation process. I choose to mix it with gin to let the fresh woody and floral flavours of tea sing while the botanicals in gin work exceptionally well together.
If you are an enthusiastic mixologist, feel free to experiment and mix and match with teas and leave a comment on what spirits work well.
Easy | Time: 2mins (plus 10mins prep)
- 30ml Bombay Sapphire London Dry Gin
- 125ml Tea Cellar Co. 2000 Vintage Dark Tea, hot brewed then cool
- 75ml Phoenix Organic Original Ginger Beer, batched brewed
- Mint to garnish (optional)
- To prepare hot brewed tea, place 3 tsp of 2000 Vintage Dark Tea in a teapot, topped with 400ml of hot water, at 100oC. Let it cool down and remove tea leaves after 8 minutes (remember, you can re-brew the tea leaves multiple-times). It is enough to make 3 cocktails.
- Put ice and 3-4 torn mint leaves into a cocktail glass.
- Pour gin and tea into the glass.
- Finish by topping with ginger beer and garnish with a mint sprig.
Shop now and try this cocktail today!